And now for that promised recipe from earlier this week..that even qualified as leftovers. And one additional one just because I thought it was so yummy. Both of these are from Southern Livings from earlier this year…..Southern Living magazines are some of my favorite sources for new recipes! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
Chicken Tetrazzini with Prosciutto and Peas
1 (7oz) package vermicelli (or thin spaghetti)
3 ounces finely chopped prosciutto
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10oz) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 (4oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained (I so left these out!)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 cup frozen baby English peas, thawed
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Saute prosciutto in 2 tsp hot vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next six ingredients; stir in pasta.
3. Stir in prosciutto and baby English peas. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11X7 baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Its that easy!!
Pan-Fried Chicken and Ham Parmesan
(do you see a theme….chicken?? cheese??)
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 TBS olive oil
8 thinly sliced smoked deli ham slices
4 fresh mozzarella cheese slices
1. Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 TBS water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
2. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
3. Bake chicken in skillet at 350 for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.