Trading my ashes for beauty….that He might be glorified.
Three Things at the Beginning of August
Did August come in like a lion in your neck of the woods, or what? By now, everyone knows that I love summer. I don’t mind the heat. Usually. I have a rather high tolerance for humidity. Usually. But “usually” is running a bit thin for me – and it is just plain uncomfortable. The forecast is for another 100-degree day on Thursday. I refuse to complain but, phew, I will be happy for a break in the weather.
Thanks to those who left such encouraging comments – or otherwise reached out – on Monday. This blogging community continues to be such a blessing. Some days I am slow at responding to your comments but I do read each and every one of them….and I will respond. Sometimes, an old lady needs some extra time:)
Monday’s post was a bit heavy….so, today, I thought I would do another “three things” list. I borrow these from Rebecca Jo (who borrows them from a friend, I believe). The first one, originally, said “movies I’ve watched more than 20 times.” What?!? Twenty times. Um, not one. Not even close. Can people really watch a movie that many times?:) Nevertheless, I do tweak the lists just a bit here and there. But I would love to know which movie you have watched the most….and how many times have you seen it. Do tell.
Three movies I’ve watched more than once
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Sound of Music Three things I do not do
1. Have my phone with me at all times.
3. Exercise regularly (ok, hardly at all. Sigh).
Three things I wish I did more often
1. Um, exercise(?!)
2. Spoke up.
3. Attended a Bible study.
Three things I do every day – without fail
1. Make my bed.
2. Read my Bible (99% without fail).
3. Get frustrated with my hair (was going to say flatiron my hair – which I do – but this sums it up better). Three good things that happened yesterday
1. A completely unexpected “thinking of you” surprise was delivered to my door.
2. I found a few, small treasures while antiquing.
3. I got to bed early. Three things I wish everyone knew
1. How to merge.
2. Tights and leggings are not the same things…and both require, at the very least, a long shirt.
3. Salvation by grace. Three things I’m tired of
1. Politics, political parties, and petty fingerpointing.
3. Fighting with my hair (see above). Three things I’ll never tire of
2. Evenings on the front porch with my husband.
3. Saturday morning brunch with a bestie. Three phrases I most overuse
1. Well, who am I?
2. I’m really not having that much fun.
3. You do you. Three things I can’t resist
1. A good thrift store.
2. Dark chocolate.
3. Singing (way too) loud when I’m alone in the car.
Thanks again for stopping by friends!! Have a great Wednesday!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.