THANKFUL THURSDAY….but first a prayer request. My friend, Nellie, that I mentioned on Monday after celebrating her birthday on Sunday is in ICU with several health issues. Her husband is also very frail and quite dependent on her at home. There are so many needs for these two dear saints – please lift them up in prayer when you think of it.
I am also thankful this Thursday…
* my latest – and last – round of maintenance treatments for my lymphoma is almost complete. The third one in this round was yesterday so that means the last treatment will be next Wednesday. I am thankful that I seem to tolerate these treatments very well – no side effects – and they appear to be effective, as I feel terrific. I am thankful for all the advances that have been made in cancer treatments as well as a wonderful doctor…and the staff that work with me each week.
Also, while I am tethered to an IV pole:), I have several hours to myself – to read devotionals, to catch up on phone calls, and an out-of-town girlfriend and I take an hour and do a Bible study together. I am thankful for that time she and I have together.
** for my hubbie’s job. He loves his job and that by itself is enough reason to rejoice. I also love that he works from home, basically sets his own schedule which allows him to work around the worst times of traffic. He does not have to commute which is such a tremendous blessing. Many of our friends – and thousands of others I don’t know – spend HOURS each day just getting to and from work…driving themselves, catching the bus or metro, or the always-crazy-to-me slugging! (Please tell me…does anyone else in the country SLUG to work?!?!) As I sat in traffic yesterday on the way to the doctor, I was grateful than neither of us has to do that on a daily basis. I was also gone yesterday from 7:00 until 9:30 last night and I am so grateful that is not an everyday thing for me either.
Since Hubbie makes his own appointments, he was able to schedule lunch with me yesterday, which was extra nice since I was gone all day. It was just an extra treat to be able to spend an hour or so together in the afternoon. I am thankful, today, for those “little things.”
** for a few more of those “little things”
– my puppy’s unconditional love…and his cute new haircut:)
– hearing from a girlfriend last night that I haven’t seen in way too long
– homemade soap made my former neighbor – I love that stuff!
– a garage
– my new table from the antique store (it was still there!)
– blooming hydrangeas – yes, mine actually bloomed and that’s a first
– wandering around Crate and Barrel….just for fun
– cell phones – I’m not addicted but they sure are convenient
and for the excitement of the end of the school year! It has been quite awhile since I was involved with end of the year cupcakes and parties…but this time of year is just exciting and energizing! Hooray for all my little friends, and my nephews, who are finishing another year…and hooray for their mommy’s being on summer schedules:)