This is my third “three things” list. Does that make it an official “monthly” post? Well, I’m not sure…but I thought I would, at least, log another one this month. I am behind on responding to comments. Sorry about that but I did mention I thought a tough week was ahead – and I was not wrong. But I still wanted to connect with my internet friends. Each of you really are an encouragement! With that….Happy Wednesday and let me know something that has brought you joy this week!
Three things that brought me joy this week
1. Our sweet (grand)puppies:)
2. Dinner with my brother (to wish him Happy Father’s Day) and finding the last table on the patio.
3. The amazing weather – unseasonably cool and such a refreshing break from last week.
Three things I neglected this week
1. Sending two cards that I purchased. Still sitting right here on my desk.
2. Planning a decent Father’s Day meal. Sad, but true.
Three things I nailed this week
1. Drinking all my water. So much water!
2. Exercise. I even increased my distance. Go me.
3. The color I chose for my hair. (I do it myself.) I may have found the perfect one!
Three things I’ve tried recently
1. Essential oil on my dryer balls. It does nothing.
2. Anything to make my breakfast eggs not so boring. Minimal success. Very minimal.
3. Getting to the library to pick up my holds. They have been closed – twice – when the website indicates they are open. Grrr.
Three house things I hate doing
1. Mopping the floors. (Should have included this on the neglected list above.)
2. Cleaning the blinds. But, we are working our way through each room. So.many.blinds.
Three things I wear all the time
1. Earrings. Will turn around if I head out and have forgotten them.
2. Mascara and eyeliner.
3. Flats (as in all my shoes have no heel).
Three things I never wear
1. Jeans. Or denim at all, actually. I have one denim jacket but it looks terrible on me.
Three books on my nightstand to be read
1. Choose to See by Mary Beth Chapman. Free at the thrift store. It’s older but still good.
2. On Thin Icing by Ellie Alexander. The third in a series I recently discovered.
3. Undistracted: capture your purpose, rediscover your joy by Bob Goff.
Three things on my mind
1. Our senior grandpup. She is not well.
2. The prospect of our son coming back to Virginia at summer’s end. Enough of Alaska.
3. A few house projects…including the continued search for our “perfect” paint color.
Three things I’m looking forward to
1. Seeing Jordan again.
2. A few musicals (three actually) I will be seeing over the summer. I do love musicals!
3. Several weddings to attend this summer, too.
Thanks for reading along! I hope you are looking forward to some fun things this summer as well. Come back on Friday for Share Four Somethings!!