I hope everyone had a great Veteran’s Day…..maybe enjoyed some time with hubbies or others that might have been off from school or work:) I actually worked but Hubbie was off and was able to not only get the van serviced (boring and glad I didn’t have to do that chore!) but also to spend some time with a friend – something he rarely can do. So, it was all good:)
I did do a little baking when I got home last night…and, I have to admit the pan is already half empty this morning (and no it was not all me!!) These bars are a keeper – and they are made with Splenda…woo hoo!! Make some this weekend – and have a sweet one!!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars (see they even sound yummy!)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 chup Splenda brown sugar blend
1/2 cup Splenda sugar blend, divided
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup light margarine (totally used butter)
8 ounce block fat free cream cheese
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 13X9 pan with foil and spray with PAM.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, half of the white sugar blend, and oats. (Can also include 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans here but I did not have any and it was fine either way.) Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
3. Press all but one cup of crust mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
5. Beat cream cheese, eggs, remaining white sugar blend, pumpkin and spice until well blended.
6. Pour cream cheese/pumpkin mixture over the pre-baked crust and sprinkle with the remaining one cup of crust mixture and the chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Cool and lift from pan with foil to cut into bars.
I enjoyed mine with a nice serving of whipped cream. Naturally:)