No reserves. No retreats. No regrets.
I referenced this quote, from William Borden, several years ago in this post. It is one of my favorite quotes (and one I can actually remember – which is saying something!) On Tuesday, I posted a bit more about regrets and my desire to learn from..and the move past…my regrets. As well, I recently came across some sermon notes from a message I heard back in 2017. The sermon included several ideas/ thoughts for living life without regrets. I found them challenging and helpful. I wanted to simply list them here…as a bit of a follow-up to Tuesday’s post and hope they will help you as well. As I said, these are not original to me – but sermon notes – therefore, I will not elaborate but simply share them as I jotted them. Food for thought.
To live without regrets:
- hold forth the word of life – be a shining light and a testimony
- refuse to run after, or for, vain things
- labor for fruit that remains – evaluate where you put your energy?
- exhaust yourself for the sake of others
- remember to keep an eternal perspective knowing our reward will be in Heaven one day
- have an attitude of praise
Have a wonderful Thursday! Thanks for reading…I pray these thoughts might encourage you today.